Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Honest Scrap Award

Once Upon An Equine presented me with the Honest Scrap Award.  Thank you!  

Once Upon An Equine has two lovable equines at her place.  One Percheron mare named Misty who is just starting to figure out what these two legged creatures want from her and a Norwegian Fjord gelding, Marley, who has figured out a few tricks to outsmart his human counter parts but is being worked with to become the good citizen we all know he wants to be!  Check out Once Upon An Equine at her blog!

The Honest Scrap Award comes with a few fun rules that recipients must follow:
  1. Recognize your award presenter and link back to their blog in your post.
  2. List 10 honest things about yourself.
  3. Present this award to 10 admirable bloggers and link to their blogs.
  4. Leave a comment on your recipients' blogs to let them know to visit your post to retrieve their award.

Alright, let the fun begin!

1.  Whenever I fly I prefer to drink tomato juice.  I have no tomato juice whatsoever in my house.  I never drink it at home or when I go out to eat or anything, just when I fly.  I don't turn it into a Bloody Mary on the plane, just straight tomato juice.  I don't get it either.

2.  Kirk Cameron was my first celebrity crush.  I watched him on the show Growing Pains when I was in about the third grade and I was madly in love.  Until I read a biography about him that said he was allergic to any animal with hair and his only pets were reptiles.  That's where it ended for Kirk and I.  He was crushed I'm sure.  

3.  I'm a pickup gal.  I love my truck.  I have a Ford F-150 that we bought brand new when we were first married and I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off.  I don't think I can ever go back to driving a car.  I had a rental car recently on a out of town trip and I couldn't wait to get back into my truck.  

4.  I have a hard time throwing anything away that has to do with horses.  This is evidenced by the stacks of Horse & Rider magazine living in my basement.  My husband would love to chuck them but I might need them someday!

5.  I'm usually hungry.  I can eat all day long and then eat some more.  If we are out I will eat even if I'm not hungry just incase food isn't available later.  Most of my friends hate me for this because I rarely gain weight.  It's a genetic thing.  Both of my parents are very slender.  

6.  I like a little clutter in my  house.  Perfectly spotless houses make me nervous.  

7.  I secretly want to be Martha Stewart (minus the jail time, of course!) but don't have the patience or ambition to be that perfect.   

8.  I think I finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up but it is still in the planning stages so I'm going to keep it under my hat.

Can you tell I am running out of things to talk about?

9.  I hate to fly but I like to travel.  So I fly when I have to and drive when I can.  My driving has been curtailed since having my daughter but I am looking forward to the day when she is old enough to do some long stretches in the car.  

10.  I still have every single ribbon and trophy I won showing horses as a teenager.  They are dated and have the horses name and the class entered written on the back.  OCD much?  They are some of my greatest treasures as I no longer have any of the horses that those ribbons were won with.

Whew, ten, I made it!  It has taken me all afternoon to write this post but it was fun!  Now it's your turn!  Even if I don't list your blog here please feel free to give yourself the Honest Scrap Award and play along.  Also, since this is my blog and I make the rules here I am not going to pick ten blogs.  Because I don't want to, that's why.

These are the lucky bloggers I am selecting though:


Now lets hope I linked everyones blog correctly!

3 comments:

Once Upon an Equine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Once Upon an Equine said...

Great list RMY! Very interesting about the tomato juice. I'm sure there is some scientific reason behind the craving since you don't like to fly. Maybe there is something in tomatoes that are calming. I've never owned a pickup until recently, but I do understand the attraction. You feel so tall and formidable in a truck. Sweet that you have kept all your horse ribbons. I bet they hold nice memories. I hang onto my horse magazines too.

Thanks for the cute description of Misty and Marley. You were right on.

Horseypants said...

Thank you so much for the award! It made my day. :) I'll have to get to work on my list. Btw, your post about the neighbor kids was hilarious. Believe me, you are not alone!