1. People who don't take care of their own horses will be the first ones to tell you how to care for yours.
2. You should never buy a cheap girth!
3. A handsome horse who's badly behaved will become a lot less attractive in about 15 minutes.
4. People who think they have nothing more to learn about riding hit the ground the hardest.
5. Children and ponies are natural allies and often have identical dispositions.
6. The richest horse people most often look the poorest.
7. The closeness of a horse is one of the sweetest smells in the world.
8. A solitary ride through the woods is more beneficial then six months with the best psychiatrist.
9. The worse a person rides the more likely they are to blame it on the horse.
10. The best thing about going to the barn first thing in the morning is that horses don't care how you look.
11. If a dealer insists a horse is worth twice what he's asking, he's usually worth half that much.
12. The best way to appreciate how another person rides is to get on their horse, but it can also be a quick way to get hurt.
13. I can recognize another horse person no matter what town, city, state, county or country I visit.
14. You can never have too many hoof picks.
15. It is not wise to argue with something that outweighs you by 1,000 pounds
16. I'd rather have a horse with a perfect mind than a horse with a perfect head.
17. If you think you have left the water on in the barn, you have; if you think you have closed the pasture gate, you haven't.
18. When someone asks you if you like their horse, always say 'yes'.
19. The happiest people I know own horses, dogs, cats or at least one deranged goat.
20. If you're looking for the perfect horse, you will never own one.
21. Owning a horse can either make a marriage or break it.
22. I'd rather lose my lipstick than lose my curb chain.
23. You shouldn't talk about your first place ribbon to someone that came in second.
24. If someone says that horse has a little buck, it has a BIG buck.
25. If we need rain, schedule a show.
26. I've never warmed up to someone who didn't want to walk down to the stables to meet my horses.
27. A clean stable and a sparkling horse are among life's great pleasures.
28. Free horses can be FAR too expensive.
29. No matter how badly behaved you are, your horse always gives you a second chance.
30. A more expensive horse doesn't make a better one.
31. I will never ever have an empty stable and I have accepted that fact.
32. Losing a horse can break your heart, but it will have been worth it. If you can't imagine life without a horse... DON'T!