Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Back to Normal

Well, the in-laws headed home yesterday after coming in for Christmas.  It was nice to see them but it is always nice to get back to normal too.  Unless you are my daughter who goes on a crying jag every time we have to leave family.  It's hard living so far from any family.

I made it out to the barn to see Rosie today.  I hadn't seen her since the Monday before Christmas.  It's times like these that I really wish I could keep her at home.  To be able to just give her a pat while feeding or something would be better than not seeing her for over a week.  Someday I will have my own place.  I didn't ride, I tweaked my back before Christmas and it is still really bothering me.  Stupid sciatica.  If it keeps bothering me I guess I will have to head to the doctor. What a way to ring in the new year, but chronic pain isn't high on my list of things to do.  Anyways, back to Rosie.  I took her out, brushed her and then lunged her for a bit in the indoor.  She was happy to get out and kick up her heels for a bit.  The barn where I board does turn out every other day.  Mostly because they don't have enough pasture space to turn all the horses out everyday.  It's not my ideal but all the other positives outweighed that negative.  On the days that I know she is going to be in I try and get out there and at least let her graze on the lawn for a bit.  Rosie did well lunging as usual.  I even took her down to the scary end of the indoor.  You know, where the horse eating monsters live.  She tried to cut the corners a bit at first but eventually she went fine.  After we finished lunging I walked her over to the Cave of Death or as I call it, the corner of the indoor.


After it was determined that we weren't facing certain annihilation we walked calmly out of the arena to go eat some grass.  What little of it there is this time of year anyways.

The new year is already filling up with things to do.  My daughter's birthday is towards the end of this month and she wants to have her party at Chuck E. Cheese.  Heaven help my agoraphobic self.  Then there is the usual doctors/dentist/oil change appointments that have to be taken care of.  Stay with me now, I know the excitement is about to send you off your chair but please contain yourself.

Hope everyone is staying warm and busy!  Here's to hoping for some decent weather soon so we can get out and enjoy it!

No comments: