Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Year in Review

As I think about this year that is almost over nothing really major jumps out at me.  I'm just glad we didn't move again.  So hopefully as I go through writing this post some things will come to mind that will make this year stand out a little.

January:  My little Rose Petal was in Florida being trained to be a productive equine citizen.  As I look back at the pictures, I see how much she has matured over the last year.  She still looks like a baby in some of these pictures.

We set up a fish tank.  It was something I had been wanting to do for years but the circumstances were never right until now.  My daughter and I spent a lot of time doing this that first month.



My little girl turned four and there was cake.  The yummy chocolate kind with chocolate frosting.  Now if only I could teach her to make this for me.


My daughter got Candyland for her birthday.  So guess what we played a lot of?  She enjoys it though so we play.




February:  Snowpocolypse.  Need I say more?  


The poor dog can't even find a place to pee!

Tough going for toddlers!

It started as a Ford Explorer...

A short drive into the city to dig up some dinosaur bones.  We originally went in for a whale exhibit but I she had just as much fun with the dinosaur stuff.  The Carnegie Museum of Natural History is a pretty nice place to visit if you get the chance.  



My trip to Florida to see Rosie while she was in training.  This was such a wonderful trip!  Even though it was pretty cold in Florida I had a great time.


Wow, this is getting kind of long.  I think I will break the memories up into two month increments just so I have some hope of getting most of this posted before March.


2 comments:

Once Upon an Equine said...

Looks like you had a great year. I'm happy that Rosie did so well in Florida and that you have a lovely horse to ride and drive in 2011. Happy New Year!

Rocky Mountain Yankee said...

Thank you, you too!