Friday, April 17, 2009

Just got back...

from checking on Rosie.  She is fine, just like I thought she would be.  She was wet so I know she had been standing out in her run at some point but when I got there she was in her stall searching for remnants from breakfast.  I gave her a couple of carrots and some pats on the head.  We didn't stay very long.  Her stall is on the north side of the barn so when I open her stall door that combined with the open door for her run turns into a pretty nifty wind tunnel.  Not good for a contact wearer such as myself.  I think she would have liked to have gotten out and run around a bit but there was no way I was going to try that while I had my daughter with me.  I did snap a quick picture.  It isn't that great but I will post it anyway.  


Things must be pretty nasty north of here.  On the way home I heard that I-25 is closed from Wellington into Wyoming, US-85 is closed from Ault to Wyoming and CO 287 is closed from Ted's Place to Wyoming.  Soooo, if you are trying to get to Wyoming from Colorado today you are pretty much screwed.  I have been on those roads in the winter before and I was terrified, I can only imagine what it is like for the authorities to close them.  I did see some snow flakes briefly on the way to the barn but it didn't stick and quickly turned back into rain.  

No comments: