Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Relief...

My brother is the adventurous soul in our family.  Last week he flew off for a vacation in Italy.  If you have been watching the news lately you will now understand the title of this post.  If you don't watch the news I will tell you that there was a roughly 6.0 magnitude earthquake in Italy that killed around 200 people last I heard.  So of course we have been trying to get in touch with him since yesterday morning when we found out about the earthquake.  He finally contacted us late this afternoon to tell us that he was fine and he had been in Rome when the quake hit.  He said it woke him up but didn't do any damage to the hotel he was staying in.  He also said he is having a great time and he loves Italy.  Can't ask for much more than that!

I must add, I don't think I will ever vacation with my brother.  Last year when he went to the United Kingdom on vacation they had the worst rain and wind storms that they had seen in like 60 years.  Now this year it's an earthquake!  All I can say his, I am glad that I am on the other side of the world from his vacations!

1 comment:

Once Upon an Equine said...

Scary! Glad you got hold of him and found out he was ok.