Monday, February 2, 2009

Best Laid Plans...

This past Sunday I had made in my head a plan to go to the barn and see Rosie even though it was supposed to be cold.  Even though I like to have a change of seasons I am not a big fan of actually getting out and working in the cold anymore, at all.  Part of that could be because since I have had my daughter none of the old pants that I have will allow me to put a pair of long underwear underneath them anymore and I just haven't bought any new pants big enough to put a layer underneath.  Really, I'm just thankful that I can still wear some of my old pants after having a kid.

Anyways.... it was supposed to be in the mid 30's and calm so it sounded like a good day to go to the barn.  Before heading out I was in the kitchen finishing up some dishes when my husband called down saying that my daughter wanted some popcorn that I had left on my computer desk and could she have some?  I said sure since he was right beside her.  About ten minutes later he called down and asked me to come upstairs.  When I got upstairs my husband relayed to me that he thought our daughter may have shoved some popcorn up her nose.  Okay... what makes you think that?  She looked at my husband and said "Daddy, stuck" with her finger nearly up to the second knuckle in her nose.  Alright.  I ran back downstairs, got the flashlight, go back upstairs and looked in her nose.  Sure enough, way up in there is an un-popped popcorn kernel.  *sigh*  There is no way that I can get this thing out myself.  Obviously, I'm not going to make it to the barn today.  Luckily, our doctor's office has walk-in office hours on Saturday and Sunday in the mornings so I didn't have to take her to the emergency room.  Another lucky thing is that the doctor was able to get the kernel out on the first try with some long tweezers.  I don't think she would have given him another shot to get it out.  After the kernel was free of her nose she said "that feels better!"  

Kids, I swear! 

2 comments:

Horseypants said...

OMG that was so funny! I know what you mean (in your About Me) about your horse being kind of that peaceful place in life. Being a stay-at-home-mom is the hardest job and I'm not saying that just because I heard it on Oprah some years ago!!! Your blog looks very pretty w/ the photo on top. Glad to meet you! Looking forward to reading more about you and your horse and family.

~*~Lysh~*~ said...

I'm STILL laughing about little miss sticking that up there LOL Such a deja vu moment for me ;)