Thursday, February 19, 2009

Not much to report...

Not a whole lot going on around these parts lately.  We had a nice weekend, except that my daughter has been fighting a cold since last Tuesday and came down with an ear infection early Saturday morning.  We took her to Urgent Care, got a prescription for antibiotics and she is now on the road to recovery.  My husband and I decided to just do lunch this year for Valentines Day and we took the kiddo with us.  We were all each other's Valentine's.  It was pretty nice.  I didn't end up working Rosie on Saturday what with the unexpected visit to the doctor's office and lunch.  Plus, it was not a very nice day, windy and cold.  Not my favorite kind of weather.  

Sunday I did go over to see Rosie.  I made sure she still remembered how to trot on the lead and then I just free lunged her a bit and gave her a good grooming.  She is shedding a bit more each time I go over.  I didn't quite need the shedding blade yet, the rubber curry worked great.  This week is the week that she receives her psyllium supplement to keep her guts clear of sand.  When I bought Rosie we lived in Midland, Texas and the soil was very sandy there so she had been on a psyllium supplement since she was a baby.  I have continued it here in Colorado to make sure her gut is cleaned out.  At some point I will probably discontinue use of it as I have contacted the local cooperative extension and they have said that I don't need to supplement with psyllium in this area.  Anyways, since it is only given to her for one week out of every month I have elected to just give it to her myself instead of reminding the stable to give it to her.  It would probably be easier to just let them do it but this way I KNOW she gets it and I still feel like I am somewhat involved with the care of my own horse.  Don't get me wrong, the stable where I board is great and would probably get it right but they have a lot of horses to worry about and this is one less thing for both of us to worry about with me giving it to her.

This coming weekend I know I won't get to work Rosie because I have tickets to go see Clinton Anderson in Fort Collins!  I am so excited!  My roommate from college is going with me.  I don't think she is nearly as star struck as I am because she doesn't get RFDTV so she doesn't watch him very often.  Me, on the other hand, am so excited I can barely stand it.  I'm hoping the weather is going to be decent because even though we are going to be in an indoor, I really don't want to freeze to death for two solid days.  I will have a full report on Clinton on Monday!

3 comments:

~*~Lysh~*~ said...

You didn't tell me you were going to see Clinton!!! I'm jealous! Have fun and I want to hear all about it when you get home!

Horseypants said...

Hey I live in Fort Collins! I had a feeling you were in Colorado. One of my friends also has tickets for Clinton. Hope you enjoy! Looking forward to hearing about it.

Horseypants said...

I just stopped back to tell you that I have an award for you at my blog. Come by and check it out!