Monday, February 9, 2009

Double Chocolate Bars

This is the recipe for the Double Chocolate Bars that I was craving last night while writing my Simple Woman's Daybook entry.  They are super yummy and rich so if you are into that kind of thing these will be perfect for you.  They are also very easy to make, only four ingredients.  If you want to print out the recipe you can go here to Taste of Home where I found it. 

Here is the recipe:

1 package (16 ounces) cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed  (I used Oreo's)
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
2 cups (12 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided

Directions:

Combine cookie crumbs and butter; pat onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9 in. baking pan.  Combine milk and 1 cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.  Cover and microwave until chips are melted; stir until smooth.  Pour over crust.  Sprinkle with remaining chips.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until chips begin to melt but do not lose their shape.  Cool on a wire rack.  Yield: about 4 dozen.

I love the Taste of Home website.  I have found many yummy recipes there.

No comments: